- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOh boy, did I make a winner, winner chicken dinner this time! Delightfully Delicious! I came up with the name of this recipe while we were sitting down for dinner and eating! It tasted so much like chicken fajitas but without the tortilla wrap! Our local grocery had bell peppers on sale 3 for $1 and I stocked up on them at that price! I also had chicken breast thawing for dinner but nothing in mind on what to make!
As soon as I was cutting the bell peppers into strips to bag up and have for the kids to snack on, it hit me that some of those strips were going to be included in the skillet that I was going to make the chicken in! One thought led to another and waa-laa, we had a scrumptious dinner! It was gobbled down in a flash! Nothing left over!
- 6 bonless skinless chicken breast (I had 3, butterfly cut to make 6)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry fajita seasoning mix
- garlic salt & cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups shredded colby/monterey jack cheese mix
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienne cut
- 1 medium green bell pepper, julienne cut
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with fajita seasoning mix, garlic salt and cracked black pepper and let sit 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat and add chicken breasts. Brown on both sides, turning them over about every 5 minutes and until internal temp reaches 165°. I used a lid on the skillet.
- When chicken is finished, add the peppers, onions and minced garlic to the skillet, topping the chicken and saute until tender but don't over cook.
- Push veggies to the side of the chicken and top chicken with shredded cheese and heat until melted.
- Top the cheesy chicken with the veggies and serve.