- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup Unbleached Flour
- 1 cup Corn Meal; White Or Yellow
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Mustard; Dry
- 2 cups Cheddar; Sharp -- Shredded
- 1 lg Egg; Slightly Beaten
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- Combine the dry ingredients, then stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Combine the egg with the milk and oil. Stir into the cheddar mixture, mixing until just moistened.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly and cut into squares, then serve warm.
You may substitute Monterey Jack for Cheddar, Butter for Oil, Honey for Sugar, Buttermilk for Milk (reduce baking powder to 2 tsp and add 1 tsp baking soda)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More