- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup Unbleached Flour
- 1 cup Corn Meal; White Or Yellow
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Mustard; Dry
- 2 cups Cheddar; Sharp -- Shredded
- 1 lg Egg; Slightly Beaten
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- Combine the dry ingredients, then stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Combine the egg with the milk and oil. Stir into the cheddar mixture, mixing until just moistened.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly and cut into squares, then serve warm.
You may substitute Monterey Jack for Cheddar, Butter for Oil, Honey for Sugar, Buttermilk for Milk (reduce baking powder to 2 tsp and add 1 tsp baking soda)