- Cooking Time: 25 min.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25 min.
- * 1 package (8 ounces) elbow macaroni
- * 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- * 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * Dash pepper
- * 2 cups milk
- * 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- * 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- * 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- * 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- * 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 11 crackers)
- * Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile in large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in the ham, mushrooms and pimientos. Drain macaroni; stir into ham mixture.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs; dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Baked Chicken Reuben
turkey and sweet potato hash
Cheddar Baked Potato SlicesSee More