- Cooking Time: 25 min.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25 min.
- * 1 package (8 ounces) elbow macaroni
- * 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- * 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * Dash pepper
- * 2 cups milk
- * 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- * 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- * 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- * 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- * 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 11 crackers)
- * Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile in large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in the ham, mushrooms and pimientos. Drain macaroni; stir into ham mixture.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs; dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More