- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb. frozen hash browns, defrosted (the chunky kind, not the shredded potato kind)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pt. sour cream (16 oz)
- 1/2 cup peeled, chopped sweet onion
- 2 cups grated cheddar (Cheddar mixtures are good too)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Defrost hash browns (drain if necessary).
- Combine next 7 ingredients. Mix with hash browns. Put all in a 3 qt. Casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 for about 40 min.
- OPTIONAL - sautee 2 cups (approx) bread crumbs or crushed corn flakes in 1/4 cup melted butter and sprinkle on top before baking.
NotesMy dad has been making these for years - one bite and you'll understand why.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More