- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb. frozen hash browns, defrosted (the chunky kind, not the shredded potato kind)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pt. sour cream (16 oz)
- 1/2 cup peeled, chopped sweet onion
- 2 cups grated cheddar (Cheddar mixtures are good too)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Defrost hash browns (drain if necessary).
- Combine next 7 ingredients. Mix with hash browns. Put all in a 3 qt. Casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 for about 40 min.
- OPTIONAL - sautee 2 cups (approx) bread crumbs or crushed corn flakes in 1/4 cup melted butter and sprinkle on top before baking.
NotesMy dad has been making these for years - one bite and you'll understand why.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More