- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup medium-grain white rice
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- For the zucchini
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced into chunks
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- garlic salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Bring the broth to a boil in a saucepan. Add rice and stir well. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- While rice is cooking, in a skillet add olive oil, zucchini, garlic salt, cracked black pepper and lime juice. Saute 5-8 minutes or until just tender.
- Remove rice from heat, add the butter and cheese and mix well. Add zucchini, folding it in and cover. Let stand 5 minutes.
NotesI love, love, love zucchini and I try to make it every way possible thru the summer when there is plenty of fresh zucchini! I also love cheesy rice! This zucchini rice was sooooo good! Everything about it was perfect! I could of eaten the entire pan! OMGosh, I can't tell you how delicious it was! If you have zucchini coming out of your ears from the garden, you have got to make this!
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More