- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup medium-grain white rice
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- For the zucchini
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced into chunks
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- garlic salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Bring the broth to a boil in a saucepan. Add rice and stir well. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- While rice is cooking, in a skillet add olive oil, zucchini, garlic salt, cracked black pepper and lime juice. Saute 5-8 minutes or until just tender.
- Remove rice from heat, add the butter and cheese and mix well. Add zucchini, folding it in and cover. Let stand 5 minutes.
NotesI love, love, love zucchini and I try to make it every way possible thru the summer when there is plenty of fresh zucchini! I also love cheesy rice! This zucchini rice was sooooo good! Everything about it was perfect! I could of eaten the entire pan! OMGosh, I can't tell you how delicious it was! If you have zucchini coming out of your ears from the garden, you have got to make this!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More