CHEESY LIME ZUCCHINI RICE
Cheesy Lime Zucchini Rice
- For the rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup medium-grain white rice
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- For the zucchini
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced into chunks
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- garlic salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
Bring the broth to a boil in a saucepan. Add rice and stir well. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally.
While rice is cooking, in a skillet add olive oil, zucchini, garlic salt, cracked black pepper and lime juice. Saute 5-8 minutes or until just tender.
Remove rice from heat, add the butter and cheese and mix well. Add zucchini, folding it in and cover. Let stand 5 minutes.