- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 lb (340 g) Extra Lean Ground beef
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 can (700ml) pasta sauce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 container (500ml) low fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups park skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Brown meat with garlic and oregano in saucepan.
- Stir in pasta sauc; simmmer 5 min. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in tomato.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce mixture onto bottom of 9x13 baking dish. .
- Cover with layer of 3 noodles, 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1 cup remaining sauce mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining noodles and remaining sauce mixture.
- Cover wtih foil.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Uncover; top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered for 5 mkinutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Number of Servings: 12
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in FilmSee More
Pho - Vietnamese Beef Noodle
Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Jim's Easy Vegetable Green Thai CurrySee More