CHEESY ONION FOCACCIA
- Cooking Time: 15-18
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 medium onions, sliced and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly greased 12-in. pizza pan; pat into a 10-in. circle.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning; cook 1 minute longer.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make deep indentations 1 in. apart in dough.
- Top with onion mixture and cheeses.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Makes 12 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More