- Cooking Time: 15-18
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 medium onions, sliced and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly greased 12-in. pizza pan; pat into a 10-in. circle.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning; cook 1 minute longer.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make deep indentations 1 in. apart in dough.
- Top with onion mixture and cheeses.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Makes 12 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
My Family CookbookSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More