- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI found most of these ingredients one night already in my fridge and pantry. I threw them all together and make a great dinner for my boyfriend, who loved it!
I served this dish with some Mexican rice and tortillas, and it made a very inexpensive but delicious meal!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 3 cans Campbell's Condensed Southwest Style Pepper Jack Soup
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 3-4 jalapenos, seeded & chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 slices pepperjack cheese
- 2 avocados, pitted & sliced
- seasoning salt
- ground pepper
- To help cook the chicken faster, brown the chicken breasts in oil in a large skillet over medium heat, 2-3 minutes on each side(*).
- Remove from skillet and place in an ungreased 9x13 baking dish.
- Chop the bell pepper, jalapenos and onion; halve.
- Mix the soup with milk; whisk to blend.
- Add half the chopped vegetables.
- Pour the soup mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; place a slice of cheese over each chicken breast, and add the remaining vegetables.
- Cover and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked throughly.
- Garnish with sliced avocados, cilantro, seasoning salt and pepper.
- *Note: If you do not want to brown the chicken breasts before baking them, increase baking time accordingly (approx 15-20 more minutes) to cook the chicken thoroughly.