CHEESY PIZZA FONDUE
Cheesy Pizza Fondue
- Cooking Time: Approximately 5
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: Approximately 5
- 2 tablespoons toasted breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 slices pepperoni, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 whole-wheat pita breads (each cut in 6 triangles), warm
Mix breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl until fully moistened; set aside.
Combine tomato sauce and pepperoni (if using) in a small saucepan and heat to simmering.
Stir in breadcrumb-milk mixture and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and stir in cheeses until melted. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with warm pita triangles for dipping.