- Cooking Time: Approximately 5
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: Approximately 5
- 2 tablespoons toasted breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 slices pepperoni, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 whole-wheat pita breads (each cut in 6 triangles), warm
- Mix breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl until fully moistened; set aside.
- Combine tomato sauce and pepperoni (if using) in a small saucepan and heat to simmering.
- Stir in breadcrumb-milk mixture and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses until melted. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with warm pita triangles for dipping.
NotesAdd some sophistication to your snack time with fondue. This velvety dip, made with vitamin A-rich canned tomato sauce, has the flavorful elements of cheese pizza and serves up some good nutrition. Enjoy it with whole-wheat pita points or as a delectable dip for raw veggies, chicken fingers, mini-meatballs or oven-baked fries.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More