- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy daughter needed something different for a pot luck dinner. A friend mentioned using potatoes but wasn't sure of the ingredients or amounts so we "played" with the quantity (like the pototes) to see how much we would need to accomodate about 10 people. I use a 5 liter casserole to hold all the ingredients.
This has been a hit for summer picnics as an alternative to potato salad, church dinner days, and "food days" at work because it can be transferred to a crockpot to keep warm
- 5 lb bag potatoes
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 small onion, diced (to make 1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp each: pepper/salt
- 1 lb Velveeta
- 1 cups Miracle Whip
- Cook bacon until crisp, crumble (or cut into small pieces)
- Boil potatoes to semi-hard, leaving skins on
- Mix all ingredients.
- Place in casserole dish in oven at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- SPECIAL NOTES: Grade "B", small potatoes, are best because they don't have to be cut for boiling. Turkey bacon (I use a 1 lb pkg), Velveeta Lite, and Miracle Whip Lite can be used to lower fat content and do not ruin the flavor.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean paste
Lamb Loin Chops with Mushroom Marsala SauceSee More