- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 lb bag potatoes
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 small onion, diced (to make 1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp each: pepper/salt
- 1 lb Velveeta
- 1 cups Miracle Whip
- Cook bacon until crisp, crumble (or cut into small pieces)
- Boil potatoes to semi-hard, leaving skins on
- Mix all ingredients.
- Place in casserole dish in oven at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- SPECIAL NOTES: Grade "B", small potatoes, are best because they don't have to be cut for boiling. Turkey bacon (I use a 1 lb pkg), Velveeta Lite, and Miracle Whip Lite can be used to lower fat content and do not ruin the flavor.
NotesMy daughter needed something different for a pot luck dinner. A friend mentioned using potatoes but wasn't sure of the ingredients or amounts so we "played" with the quantity (like the pototes) to see how much we would need to accomodate about 10 people. I use a 5 liter casserole to hold all the ingredients.
This has been a hit for summer picnics as an alternative to potato salad, church dinner days, and "food days" at work because it can be transferred to a crockpot to keep warm
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Cole Family Cookbook 2015
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More