- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 12 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls or 24 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 12 strips pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup crushed sour cream and onion potato chips
- Roll each Texas™ roll or 2 dinner rolls combined into a 7-inch rope. Flatten each rope. Cut twelve 6-inch strips of cheese 1/2-inch thick. Place one strip of cheese on each flattened rope. Tightly pinch dough around cheese to form a breadstick. Place butter and potato chips in shallow bowls. Roll each breadstick in butter and then in crushed potato chips. Place seam side up on a sprayed baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double. Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 20 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesUsually found photographing Rhodes recipes, photographer Mitch Rogers submitted this winning recipe in a recent Rhodes Employee Recipe Contest. Sour Cream & Onion Potato Chips give a seasoned kick to these breadsticks.