- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 18
- 1 sprays cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme, crushed
- 1 lb small red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 29 oz vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free creamer (such as fat-free 1/2 and 1/2)
- 8 oz low-fat cheddar or colby cheese
- 6 tsp fresh chives, minced
- Coat a nonstick medium pot with cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- Cook onions until they just begin to color, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, salt, pepper, paprika, mustard and thyme, stirring to mix; cook until carrots begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, broth and creamer. Increase heat and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir to melt; puree in batches in a blender.
- Garnish each serving with 1 teaspoon of chives.
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More