- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 18
- 1 sprays cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme, crushed
- 1 lb small red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 29 oz vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free creamer (such as fat-free 1/2 and 1/2)
- 8 oz low-fat cheddar or colby cheese
- 6 tsp fresh chives, minced
- Coat a nonstick medium pot with cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- Cook onions until they just begin to color, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, salt, pepper, paprika, mustard and thyme, stirring to mix; cook until carrots begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, broth and creamer. Increase heat and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir to melt; puree in batches in a blender.
- Garnish each serving with 1 teaspoon of chives.
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More