- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1lb. Shredded Potatoes (I shred my own - if you use frozen, thaw out first!)
- 1 C. diced onion
- 1 can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
- 8 oz. Fat-Free Sour Cream
- 1 packet ranch seasong (the type you mix with sour cream to make dip)
- 2 C. Shredded 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Sautee diced onion with a bit of spray-type olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together, with the exception of 1 C. cheese
- Pour mixture into a well greased casserole dish
- Bake for 30-40 mins. topping with the remaining cheese 10 mins before removing the casserole from the oven.
NotesOne of my very favorite goodies at Cracker Barrell is their famous hashbrown casserole, and while it's great as a treat, it tends to be a fattening and greasy. Here's my attempt to make a lighter, healthier version that is WW points friendly without sacrificing flavor.