- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryOne of my very favorite goodies at Cracker Barrell is their famous hashbrown casserole, and while it's great as a treat, it tends to be a fattening and greasy. Here's my attempt to make a lighter, healthier version that is WW points friendly without sacrificing flavor.
- 1lb. Shredded Potatoes (I shred my own - if you use frozen, thaw out first!)
- 1 C. diced onion
- 1 can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
- 8 oz. Fat-Free Sour Cream
- 1 packet ranch seasong (the type you mix with sour cream to make dip)
- 2 C. Shredded 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Sautee diced onion with a bit of spray-type olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together, with the exception of 1 C. cheese
- Pour mixture into a well greased casserole dish
- Bake for 30-40 mins. topping with the remaining cheese 10 mins before removing the casserole from the oven.