- Cooking Time: 15 min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- * 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- * 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- * 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow bell peppers
- * 1 cup long-grain rice
- * 1 teaspoon salt
- * 1 bay leaf
- * 2 cups chicken stock
- * 1/2 cup frozen peas
- * 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- * 1/2 pound fontina or mozzarella, diced
- In a heavy, medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and bell peppers, and cook, stirring until soft, about 4 minutes. Add rice, salt, and bay leaf and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the stock and stir. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the rice is almost tender, about 15 minutes. Add the peas, cover and continue simmering until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and fluff the rice with a fork. Add the cheese and parlsey, and stir. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings