- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI saw this recipe on my Facebook page but no one to give credit to! These are my directions as the recipe only gave the ingredients, baking temp and muffin tins! It was posted by a friend, by a friend and so on but not a single link to the recipe! I googled it and no luck with these exact ingredients so whoever it belongs to, Thank You very much! This was the easiest recipe to put together and got rave reviews in my house! My hubby asked if we had any maple syrup for dipping these babies in but I didn't have any! I bet that would take these gems totally over the top!
I have a new Wilton cupcake tin that I've used 3 times or so and the muffins just slid right out, straight from the oven! The smell was amazing and the taste was fabulous! Perfect to put on a plate and everyone just help themselves to a perfect breakfast muffin! I bet these would be good with bacon too! A Cheesy Bacon & Egg Muffin sounds good to me and I may try bacon next time! And yes, I will have maple syrup on hand!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Brown sausage in a skillet, breaking up into small pieces. Drain.
- In a large bowl add sausage, Bisquick and cheese. With your hands, mix well. Add beaten eggs and mix until everything is mixed well, like a meatloaf mixture.
- Spray muffin tins and using a 2 inch ice cream scooper or whatever you have on hand, scoop mixture in to each tin.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Mine made 20 muffins. My hubby suggested that they would be good dipped in maple syrup but I didn't have any on hand but I think he was absolutely right.