- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz (250 g) bulk hot Italian pork sausage (see Cook’s Tip)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cups (750 mL) unsalted chicken stock
- 1 jar (24 oz/680 mL) marinara sauce (2½ cups/625 mL)
- 12 oz (350 g) medium shell pasta
- 4 oz (125 g) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) seasoned croutons
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup/125 mL grated)
- Preheat broiler. Cook sausage in Rockcrok™ (2.5-qt/2.35-L) Everyday Pan or Rockcrok™ (4-qt/3.8-L) Dutch Oven over medium heat 4-6 minutes, breaking into crumbles with Mix ‘N Chop.
- 2. Press garlic with Garlic Press into Pan. Cook 30-60 seconds or just until fragrant.
- 3. Stir in stock, marinara and pasta to Pan. Increase heat to high; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, 7-9 minutes or until pasta is cooked but firm.
- 4. Meanwhile, chop basil with Chef’s Knife. Process croutons in Manual Food Processor until finely chopped; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Grate Parmesan with Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater over batter bowl. Mix crouton/Parmesan mixture well.
- 5. Remove Pan from heat. Stir in cream cheese and basil until blended. Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over pasta. Place Pan 2-4 in. (5-10 cm) from heating element. Broil 1-2 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Yield: 8
- Nutrients per serving: Calories 370, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 830 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 18 g
- Cook’s Tips: 8 oz (250 g) Italian turkey sausage (2 links, casings removed) or 8 oz (250 g) 90% lean ground beef can be substituted for the bulk Italian pork sausage, if you’d like.
NotesFrom Pampered Chef
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
MetroCooking DC 2013
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More