Cheesy Shrimp Canopes
10 slices white bread
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ teaspoon thyme
6 ounces cooked shrimp, cleaned and chopped
½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
⅓ cup mayonnaise
½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Using a 2-inch round fluted pastry cutter (or biscuit cutter), cut 2 circles out of each piece of bread (reserve scraps for crumbs).
3. Melt butter in a saucepan and add thyme. Brush bread circles with the butter mixture, place circles on a cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes, until golden; remove from oven and cool.
4. Meanwhile, combine shrimp with remaining cheese, mayonnaise, breadcrumbs, and salt.
5. When circles are cool, put a rounded tablespoon of shrimp mixture on each. Sprinkle with a pinch of dill weed and place under broiler for 3 minutes.