- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) package Smoked Sausage or Kielbasa, sliced into coins
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic (about two fresh cloves)
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounce dry bowtie pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions, for garnish
- Add olive oil to a 4-5 quart saute pan over medium high heat. Add onions and sausage and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, pasta, and seasonings. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover for about five minutes to allow cheese to melt. Top with sliced scallions and serve.
NotesI love all the ingredients in this recipe and it's a change from chicken and beef! I don't want to sound negative because we really liked this dish but there was something about diced tomatoes and smoked sausage together in a dish for me! I don't know what it was! Maybe that I bought Sweet Onion Diced or maybe because I used a 14 ounce can because I couldn't find a 10 ounce can except for Rotel and the recipe didn't call for Rotel or maybe because I bought Kielbasa and not smoked sausage but we love Kielbasa and I thought it would work perfect with the other ingredients! Whatever it was, I thought it was a very different taste to me! My family didn't think so but I did! I really want to make this again and skip the tomatoes all together and see what happens! Anyway, with that in mind, this was a good dish!
The chopped scallions are perfect as a topping and I suggest not skipping them!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Fun appetizers and snacks
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More