- Cooking Time: 75
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 (6 inch) tortillas
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (4 oz. can) green chilies, drained and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Combine salsa and brown sugar in small saucepan and set aside.
- Tear tortillas into small pieces, grind in food processor or blender until they resemble cornmeal, and transfer to large bowl.
- Add beef, pork, sour cream, eggs, chiles, scallions, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, and mix with fork until evenly blended.
- Turn mixture onto foil lined baking sheet, and using moistened hands, pat into 9 by 5-inch loaf shape. Brush with 1/4 cup salsa mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Scatter cheese on top and continue baking until center of load registers 160 degrees F on instant read thermometer, about 30 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- While meatloaf cools, simmer remaining salsa mixture over medium high heat until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Slice meatloaf and serve with salsa mixture passed separately at table.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More