- Cooking Time: 75
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 (6 inch) tortillas
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (4 oz. can) green chilies, drained and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Combine salsa and brown sugar in small saucepan and set aside.
- Tear tortillas into small pieces, grind in food processor or blender until they resemble cornmeal, and transfer to large bowl.
- Add beef, pork, sour cream, eggs, chiles, scallions, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, and mix with fork until evenly blended.
- Turn mixture onto foil lined baking sheet, and using moistened hands, pat into 9 by 5-inch loaf shape. Brush with 1/4 cup salsa mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Scatter cheese on top and continue baking until center of load registers 160 degrees F on instant read thermometer, about 30 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- While meatloaf cools, simmer remaining salsa mixture over medium high heat until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Slice meatloaf and serve with salsa mixture passed separately at table.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Recipes for Vitality
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More