CHEESY STUFFED BAKED ZITI
- Servings: 8
- 1 lb ziti pasta noodles
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small bell pepper of choice, finely chopped
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 26oz jar Classico Pasta Sauce
- 1 15 oz container Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch salt, pepper
- 2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Place olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute bell pepper and onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Brown beef. Add pasta sauce, reduce heat to low and stir in noodles.
3. Place ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
4. Place ½ pasta into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spoon ricotta mixture evenly over pasta, covering entire dish. Pour remaining pasta over cheese, then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.