- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each)
- Ground black pepper
- 2 ounces Swiss cheese
- 1/2 of a 7 ounce jar (1/2 cup) roasted red sweet peppers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed, or 6 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- Place each breast half, boned side up, between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Working from center to edges, pound lightly with flat side of a meat mallot to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle chicken with black pepper. Layer cheese, roasted peppers, and sage in the center of each breast. Fold in sides and roll up, pressing the edges to seal. Roll in flour.
- In an 8-inch skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes, turning to brown all sides. Remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet, bring wine or broth to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until 1/4 cup liquid remains.
- Return chicken to skillet. Cover; simmer for 7 to 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Spoon juices over chicken.
NotesThis one sounds complicated, but it's actually really pretty easy. You can substitute the swiss for fonatana cheese if you want to get fancy ;-)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More