- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (8 ounce) box manicotti noodles, boiled al dente about 5 minutes, drain
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) ricotta cheese
- 1½ tablespoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 24 ounces of your favorite Italian sauce, divided (I used Roasted Garlic & Herbs)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (I used fresh from the cheese shop)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Boil noodles al dente about 5 minutes, no longer. Drain.
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, sour cream, ricotta cheese and all spices. Mix until well combined.
- Stuff the middle of the noodles with the cream cheese sauce with a small spoon or a piping bag.
- Spray or line a 9x13 baking dish with foil. Spread enough Italian sauce about 1/3 cup or a little more into bottom of dish.
- Lay stuffed noodles side by side in dish. Spread the rest of Italian sauce over noodles and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes. If cheese hasn't browned slightly yet, place under broiler until cheese browns slightly. You don't want your noodles to get over baked.
NotesThis recipe comes from Kandice, my sons girlfriend! She made us dinner and it was delicious! Perfect for a Meatless Monday! It would be delicious with meat as well! Just brown some ground beef or sausage and add some sauce and cream cheese mixture to the cooked beef and then stuff the noodles! Yum!
I've never made any kind of stuffed shells but have saved plenty of recipes for them! I always thought stuffing a cooked shell would be complicated but I watched Kandice and it was very easy! She was very gentle stuffing them and that was the key to success! They tasted very Italiany and smelled amazing! Creamy, cheesy center, the slightly sweet sauce and the fresh mozzarella as the topping was a perfect combo! We really enjoyed our dinner and a new cooking adventure was discovered! How sweet it is!