- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6 (2 a piece)
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryI adapted this from a recipe I found in Better Homes and Gardens New Dieter's Cookbook. I made some substitutions and added some things my family likes better. They are low in calorie - less than 35 a piece - so make a great light addition to an appetizer buffet.
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- Olive Oil spray
- 4 dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped green onions
- 2 Tablespoons chopped bacon
- 2 Tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Remove and discard mushroom stems. Spray mushrooms with olive oil spray or brush with olive oil. Arrange in a shallow pan, stem side down. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes and drain off any liquid. Meanwhile, cover tomatoes with boiling water; let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and coarsely chop tomatoes. In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, ricotta, cheddar, parmesan, bacon, bread crumbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Turn mushrooms stem side up and fill caps with ricotta mixture. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.