- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1lb Ground Beef -Lean
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup -( I use Cream of Chicken )
- 1 (2cup) package shredded cheddar cheese -(your favorite)
- 1 (1lb) bag frozen tater tots
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Brown Ground beef and drain.
- 3. Pour Cooked beef in bottom of 2Qt casserole dish.
- 4. Open can of soup and pour evenly over meat in dish.
- 5. Cover soup with cheese making a thick cheesy layer. (kid friendly)
- 6. Arrange Tater tots in dish so edges touch and cover entire dish. (kid friendly) I save a small amount of cheese to sprinkle on top.
- 7. Place Casserole in oven uncovered for 30-45 minutes or until Tots on top are completely cooked.
- 8. Let stand about 5 minutes and enjoy the cheesy TaterTot Casserole!
NotesI got this recipe from the mother of a guy I dated in high school. The way she made it was creamy and cheesy and so delicious. I tweaked the recipe she gave me, to my tastes. I cook the TaterTot Casserole every year for Thanksgiving or Christmas and usually Easter too. It's quick and easy and can be changed to fit your tastes. I will give both versions as I only changed one small thing. I think many people can benefit from the quickness and ease at which this meal is finished. It's a great dish to have the young ones help with (excluding the HOT meat)!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More