Cheesy TaterTot Casserole
Why I Love This Recipe
I got this recipe from the mother of a guy I dated in high school. The way she made it was creamy and cheesy and so delicious. I tweaked the recipe she gave me, to my tastes. I cook the TaterTot Casserole every year for Thanksgiving or Christmas and usually Easter too. It's quick and easy and can be changed to fit your tastes. I will give both versions as I only changed one small thing. I think many people can benefit from the quickness and ease at which this meal is finished. It's a great dish to have the young ones help with (excluding the HOT meat)!
Ingredients You'll Need
1lb Ground Beef -Lean
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup -( I use Cream of Chicken )
1 (2cup) package shredded cheddar cheese -(your favorite)
1 (1lb) bag frozen tater tots
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown Ground beef and drain.
3. Pour Cooked beef in bottom of 2Qt casserole dish.
4. Open can of soup and pour evenly over meat in dish.
5. Cover soup with cheese making a thick cheesy layer. (kid friendly)
6. Arrange Tater tots in dish so edges touch and cover entire dish. (kid friendly) I save a small amount of cheese to sprinkle on top.
7. Place Casserole in oven uncovered for 30-45 minutes or until Tots on top are completely cooked.
8. Let stand about 5 minutes and enjoy the cheesy TaterTot Casserole!