- Cooking Time: 20 to 25
- Servings: 8 - 12
- Preparation Time:
- 3 scallions, white parts minced
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 2 tsp minced cilantro
- 1.5 cups AP flour
- .5 cup corn flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large zucchini, shredded (pressed between paper towels to let moisture out)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease 12 muffin cups and set aside. Combine scallions, parsley, cilantro in small bowl; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and mix. With food processor or stand mixer, or whatever (two knives work fine) cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in cheeses and zucchini.
- In small bowl, combine milk and egg blend well. Pour into dry ingredients and stir just until blended. Lumps are fine! Do not overbeat the batter or you'll get a tough muffin. Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full if you want normal muffins, or all the way to the top if you want big muffin tops. If you go the muffin top way, fill the empty muffin tins with some water so the muffins don't dry out. Sprinkle each muffin with the parsley, scallion and cilantro topping and lightly press topping into batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until muffins are firm and light golden brown. Cool 1 minute in pan, then remove from pans and cool on wire rack. 12 normal muffins or 8 huge muffins. Serve warm if you can.
NotesThis is a pretty basic corn muffin recipe that I jazzed up to make a savory muffin to go along with a more egg-centric brunch. The "topping" is what really gives the muffin an extra kick.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More