- Cooking Time: 35
- Preparation Time:
- 6 med baking potatoes (about 2 lbs) or two bags of Ore-Rida Steam & Mash Russets
- 1/4 c melted butter
- 2 c grated cheddar (bagged is okay; low-fat not okay b/c it makes them gummy)
- 3 c sour cream (fat-free is okay)
- 1/3 c chives (less okay, but why wouldn't you want a lot of chives?)
- 1 tsp salt (maybe more to taste)
- 1/4 T white pepper (I've used fresh ground black & it's fine)
- 2 T butter & sprinkling of paprika for garnish
- 1. Peel & chop potatoes into cube. Boil until done. Mash w/ spoon, blender or food processor. If using Steam & Mash, steam both bags in microwave.
- 2. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3. Combine melted butter, cheese, chives, salt, pepper & sour cream. Mix until blended.
- 4. In a large bowl, pour over potatoes & stir/mix. You could eat them like this, if you wanted. If not, transfer to a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- 5. Dot with the 2T of butter & sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 35 minutes, uncovered. Scoop out & gnosh.
- The great thing about this recipe is not just the taste but that there's nothing too fancy in them. You probably have the ingredients at home now.
- The recipe is easily halved. I would reduce the cook time to maybe 15 or 20 minutes.
NotesI was making these potatoes one Thanksgiving and my father-in-law was raving about something he'd heard on the news while I was trying to cook. Everyone had one job that day: keep him out of my kitchen. No one did. So these are now christened after his topic of conversation, plus the fact that my brother-in-law wouldn't eat them because they're orange. For Bakespace purpose, I've given them a name that reflects what they *are* -- creamy-cheesy mashed potatoes.
They're a delicious, creamy side dish, excellent for large gatherings.
The great thing about this recipe is not just the taste but that there's nothing too fancy in them. You probably have the ingredients at home now.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More