- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 bunch kale (stemmed and rough chopped)
- ½ small sweet onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cans whole black beans (drained and washed)
- 6 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Kosher Salt
- 8 pack of soft whole wheat tortillas or wraps
- Grapeseed or canola oil for frying tortillas
- Directions: Dip
- Heat pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Saute kale and onions until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add to blender.
- Add black beans, nutritional yeast, water, cumin, paprika and salt/pepper. Blend on low to break up ingredients and slowly increase speed to high to blend thoroughly.
- Blend together until consistency is smooth. About 5-7 minutes.
- Serve warm with fried tortillas chips
- Directions: Tortillas
- Bring oil to 350 degrees.
- Open pack and remove all 8 tortillas.
- Stack and cut in half, then cut in quarters, then in eigths.
- Each tortilla should make 8 cuts.
- Drop a few pieces into the oil and fry until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Repeat until all chips are done.
- Serve alongside dip.
NotesBlack beans are so versatile and surprisingly filling. Dips are always a crowd pleaser, and when they are this simple to make you can't go wrong!
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More