- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 bunch kale (stemmed and rough chopped)
- ½ small sweet onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cans whole black beans (drained and washed)
- 6 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Kosher Salt
- 8 pack of soft whole wheat tortillas or wraps
- Grapeseed or canola oil for frying tortillas
- Directions: Dip
- Heat pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Saute kale and onions until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add to blender.
- Add black beans, nutritional yeast, water, cumin, paprika and salt/pepper. Blend on low to break up ingredients and slowly increase speed to high to blend thoroughly.
- Blend together until consistency is smooth. About 5-7 minutes.
- Serve warm with fried tortillas chips
- Directions: Tortillas
- Bring oil to 350 degrees.
- Open pack and remove all 8 tortillas.
- Stack and cut in half, then cut in quarters, then in eigths.
- Each tortilla should make 8 cuts.
- Drop a few pieces into the oil and fry until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Repeat until all chips are done.
- Serve alongside dip.
NotesBlack beans are so versatile and surprisingly filling. Dips are always a crowd pleaser, and when they are this simple to make you can't go wrong!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Peppermint Crumb Squares
Chicken with Green Olives
Festive Candied YamsSee More