- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 bunch kale (stemmed and rough chopped)
- ½ small sweet onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cans whole black beans (drained and washed)
- 6 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Kosher Salt
- 8 pack of soft whole wheat tortillas or wraps
- Grapeseed or canola oil for frying tortillas
- Directions: Dip
- Heat pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Saute kale and onions until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add to blender.
- Add black beans, nutritional yeast, water, cumin, paprika and salt/pepper. Blend on low to break up ingredients and slowly increase speed to high to blend thoroughly.
- Blend together until consistency is smooth. About 5-7 minutes.
- Serve warm with fried tortillas chips
- Directions: Tortillas
- Bring oil to 350 degrees.
- Open pack and remove all 8 tortillas.
- Stack and cut in half, then cut in quarters, then in eigths.
- Each tortilla should make 8 cuts.
- Drop a few pieces into the oil and fry until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Repeat until all chips are done.
- Serve alongside dip.
NotesBlack beans are so versatile and surprisingly filling. Dips are always a crowd pleaser, and when they are this simple to make you can't go wrong!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
MetroCooking DC 2013
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More