- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMakes enough dough for 3 11" tart pans or about 40 2 1/2" tartlettes.
- 8 oz granulated sugar
- 1 lb unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 lb, 2 oz bread flour
- 4 oz hazelnuts, finely ground
- Place sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in mixing bowl and combine at low speed.
- Add flour and hazelnuts and mix only until the dough is smooth.
- Place the dough on a parchment paper lined sheet pan, press out as flat as possible, cover and refrigerate until firm enough to work with, about 30 minutes.