- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds backfin crab meat
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- Few dashes hot pepper sauce
- Mayonnaise for topping
- Parsley flakes for topping
- Paprika for sprinkling
- Green pepper for garnish
- Pimiento for garnish
- Directions: Wash and disinfect cleaning and serving surfaces. Wash hands.
- Remove shell from crabmeat. In a large bowl, mix together eggs, 1/2 cup
- mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme, oregano, dry mustard, and
- liquid hot pepper sauce. Gently mix into crabmeat. Coat a 2-quart casserole
- lightly with mayonnaise and fill with crab mixture. (Nic used individual
- ramekins.) Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise over top of crab mixture and
- sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Top with thin green pepper and pimiento.
- Bake at 350 degrees until mixture is hot and lightly browned, about 40
- minutes. (You will need to adjust baking time if you use individual
- casseroles.) Serves 8.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean pasteSee More