- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. small potatoes
- 4 small red onions thinly sliced
- 2 medium leeks washed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. paprika, salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 C. parsley, chopped
- 7 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 C. gouda, shredded
- 1/2 C. swiss, shredded
- 1/2 C. blue cheese, crumbled
- In a large non-stick skillet with an ovenproof handle, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the potato slices and lightly brown on one side, about 3 minutes, then toss and lightly brown the other side. Add the onion to the skillet, toss with the potatoes, and sauté for a few more minutes until the onions are soft and translucent. Next, add the leeks and continue to sauté for about 5 minutes more. Season with the paprika, salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, then transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Return the skillet over medium heat and add 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the bread cubes and the garlic and toss until the bread is lightly browned and crispy on all sides. Add the bread, parsley, and eggs to the sautéed vegetables. Meanwhile, heat 2 more tablespoons of olive oil in the skillet and when nice and hot, pour this egg mixture into the pan. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top and cook over medium heat for about 5 to 6 minutes until a thin crust forms on the bottom and sides.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes. Check the consistency and continue baking until the eggs are just set. Invert the omelet onto a large cutting board and slice into wedges to serve.
NotesI love frittatas.
This one is from Martha Stewart's blog
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More