- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- vegetable oil
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add water to dry ingredients, mix well.
- Knead dough on a floured board till it becomes elastic. Let dough rest 10 minutes, covered.
- Roll out dough till it is 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into squares or circles.
- Deep-fry at 370F till golden brown; drain on paper towels.
- Drizzle with honey and serve.
NotesThis is the sweet fry bread, Grannny said they used to fry it in bear, beaver or groundhog fat with wild honey on top. Bet that was good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Babette's Test Kitchen
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More