- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (if you can't find crumbs at your store, buy chocolate cookie wafers and make them yourself)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Cake Batter
- 1-1 lb. pkg. frozen dark cherries, thawed
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 6 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 cup cognac
- 3 lbs. softened (room temperature) cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 each large eggs
- Crust Directions: Mix chocolate cookie crumbs, sugar and butter and mix well.
- Place the entire crumb mix into the bottom of a greased 10" snap ring (spring form) pan.
- Spread crumbs evenly over the bottom of the pan, pressing with the backs of your fingers to pack the crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes and allow to cool.
- Cake Directions: Preheat oven to 250
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan
- Add the brown sugar and cook until the sugar is melted
- Add the cherries and cook until the sugar begins to caramelize
- Add the cognac and reduce the sauce to a syrupy consistency and allow to cool
- Place the cream cheese (it is very important that the cream cheese is at room temperature), vanilla, lemon juice and sugar into a large bowl and mix well until the cream cheese is smooth.
- Add the eggs and beat until the eggs are incorporated and a creamy consistency is achieved.
- Add the cooled cherry mixture and fold in gently
- Pour the batter into the pan with the crust and smooth the top with a spatula. Tap the cake on a counter top to remove any air bubbles in the cake.
- Wrap the cake pan in foil and place the cake into a large roasting pan and then into a preheated 250 oven. Pour very hot water into the roasting pan about half way up the cake pan.
- Bake for approx. two hours. Turn the oven off and open the door for one minute.
- Close the door and leave the cheesecake in the oven until the oven is cool.
- Remove from oven and place directly in the refrigerator.
- Chill for four hours before serving.
- When cool, slide a knife around the sides of the pan before you release the spring.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More