- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy daughter's boyfriend is from Michegan and proudly introduced me to his state's pride and joy-sweet cherries. The dried cherries makes an incredible brownie. They are a hit in our home!
- 1 /2 pound unsalted butter
- 1 –12 ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips/ divided
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 tablespoons real vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced walnut pieces
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 X 13 by 1 1/2-inch sheet pan.
- Melt together the butter, 1/2 pound chocolate chips, and bitter chocolate on top of a double boiler. Cool slightly. Stir together the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Stir in the warm chocolate mixture and cool to room temperature.
- Stir together 1/2 cup of the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to cooled chocolate mixture. Toss the cherries and the remaining chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons flour to coat. Then add to the chocolate batter. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle the walnuts on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until tester just comes out clean. Do not overbake! Cool thoroughly, refrigerate well and cut into 20 squares