- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 /2 pound unsalted butter
- 1 –12 ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips/ divided
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 tablespoons real vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced walnut pieces
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 X 13 by 1 1/2-inch sheet pan.
- Melt together the butter, 1/2 pound chocolate chips, and bitter chocolate on top of a double boiler. Cool slightly. Stir together the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Stir in the warm chocolate mixture and cool to room temperature.
- Stir together 1/2 cup of the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to cooled chocolate mixture. Toss the cherries and the remaining chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons flour to coat. Then add to the chocolate batter. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle the walnuts on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until tester just comes out clean. Do not overbake! Cool thoroughly, refrigerate well and cut into 20 squares
NotesMy daughter's boyfriend is from Michegan and proudly introduced me to his state's pride and joy-sweet cherries. The dried cherries makes an incredible brownie. They are a hit in our home!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Cooking for a Cure
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More