- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 cups cherries
- To prepare crust, combine the 3/4 cup flour, the 3 tablespoons flour, the 3 tablespoons sugar, and the 1/2 teaspoon of the lemon peel.
- Cut in butter till crumbly.
- Stir in 1 slightly beaten egg yolk and 1/4 teaspoon of the vanilla.
- Pat 1/3 of the dough onto the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch spring- form pan (with sides removed). Bake in a 400F oven for 7 minutes or till golden.
- If you want to do a traditional crust mix graham cracker crumbs with some melted butter.
- Butter the sides of pan; attach to bottom.
- Pat remaining dough onto sides of pan to a height of 1 3/4 inches; set aside.
- For the filling, in a large mixer bowl beat together the softened cream cheese, remaining lemon peel, and remaining vanilla till fluffy. Stir together the 1 cup sugar, the 2 tablespoons flour, and the salt; gradually stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Add the 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk all at once, beating at low speed just till combined.
- Stir in milk.
- Turn into crust-lined pan.
- Bake in a 450F oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300F; bake 50 to 55 minutes more or till center appears set and a knife comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
- Loosen sides of cheesecake from pan with a spatula.
- Cool 30 minutes; remove sides of pan.
- Cool about 2 hours longer.
- Chill thoroughly. Top with Cherry Sauce.
- Cherry Sauce:
- In a saucepan combine 3/4 cups sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and dash salt.
- Stir in 1/3 cup water.
- Stir in 4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened pitted tart red cherries, thawed.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more. Cover. Chill without stirring. (Or, use one 21 ounce can cherry pie filling instead of sauce.)
- Servings: 12
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More