- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 cups cherries
- To prepare crust, combine the 3/4 cup flour, the 3 tablespoons flour, the 3 tablespoons sugar, and the 1/2 teaspoon of the lemon peel.
- Cut in butter till crumbly.
- Stir in 1 slightly beaten egg yolk and 1/4 teaspoon of the vanilla.
- Pat 1/3 of the dough onto the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch spring- form pan (with sides removed). Bake in a 400F oven for 7 minutes or till golden.
- If you want to do a traditional crust mix graham cracker crumbs with some melted butter.
- Butter the sides of pan; attach to bottom.
- Pat remaining dough onto sides of pan to a height of 1 3/4 inches; set aside.
- For the filling, in a large mixer bowl beat together the softened cream cheese, remaining lemon peel, and remaining vanilla till fluffy. Stir together the 1 cup sugar, the 2 tablespoons flour, and the salt; gradually stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Add the 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk all at once, beating at low speed just till combined.
- Stir in milk.
- Turn into crust-lined pan.
- Bake in a 450F oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300F; bake 50 to 55 minutes more or till center appears set and a knife comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
- Loosen sides of cheesecake from pan with a spatula.
- Cool 30 minutes; remove sides of pan.
- Cool about 2 hours longer.
- Chill thoroughly. Top with Cherry Sauce.
- Cherry Sauce:
- In a saucepan combine 3/4 cups sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and dash salt.
- Stir in 1/3 cup water.
- Stir in 4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened pitted tart red cherries, thawed.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more. Cover. Chill without stirring. (Or, use one 21 ounce can cherry pie filling instead of sauce.)
- Servings: 12
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Nick's PicksSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More