- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne chili pepper powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup cherry jam
- 6 pieces of Lindt Creations: Cherry & Chili, chopped* or just any dark chocolate that you could add some jam and chili powder to.
- In a small bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- If using a standing mixer use a paddle attachment and beat butter, sugar, and egg.
- Mix in cocoa powder, cayenne pepper, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Roll about a tablespoon (basically one spoonful) of dough into a ball. Place balls on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Once dough has been placed on the baking sheets, poke a hole into the ball until you just about hit the baking sheet- I used the end of a rounded knife handle.
- Fill each hole with cherry jam.
- Pop your jam filled cookies to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the baked cookies to a cooling rack.
- In a double boiler, melt the chopped chocolate mixing constantly until smooth. *If you can't find the Lindt Creations: Cherry & Chili, you could always melt a dark or semi-sweet chocolate of your choice. To get the cherry and chili flavor, once the chocolate is melted add a spoon full of cherry jam and a pinch of chili powder.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over each cookie and leave on the cooling rack for chocolate to cool.
NotesMy mom always gets me chocolate for Christmas and this year, stuffed in my stocking, was a new chocolate by Lindt Creations: Cherry and Chili. Immediately I was intrigued...chocolate, cherry and chili!? After one bite, immediately I was sold. The unexpected kick at the end makes for an exciting bite every time. So, when I realized I had some extra Cherry Jam in the fridge, and some of that special chocolate tucked away in the pantry I knew I had a cookie creation on the way.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More