- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (3 1/2 to 4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package Fleischmann's® Active Dry or Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
- ALMOND FILLING
- 1/2 cup almond paste (5 ounces)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, toasted
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In large bowl combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt.
- 2. Heat water, sour cream and butter until very warm (120º to 130ºF). Gradually add to dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. With spoon, stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- 3. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour. (With Rapid Rise Yeast, cover kneaded dough; let rest on floured surface 10 minutes. Proceed with recipe.)
- 4. Prepare Almond Filling: Combine almond paste with 1 egg white. Beat with fork until blended. Stir in chopped, blanched almonds, toasted.
- 5. Punch dough down. On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 9- × 16-inch rectangle. Spread filling to within 1/2-inch of edges; sprinkle with cherries. Roll up from long side as for jelly roll; pinch seam to seal. Form into ring and pinch ends to seal. Place ring, seam side down, on greased baking sheet. With sharp knife, cut slits, 3/4 through dough, at 1-inch intervals. Turn each section on its side. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- 6. Bake at 375ºF for 25 minutes or until done. Remove from baking sheet; cool on wire rack. Frost with Almond Icing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More