- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (3 1/2 to 4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package Fleischmann's® Active Dry or Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
- ALMOND FILLING
- 1/2 cup almond paste (5 ounces)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, toasted
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In large bowl combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt.
- 2. Heat water, sour cream and butter until very warm (120º to 130ºF). Gradually add to dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. With spoon, stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- 3. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour. (With Rapid Rise Yeast, cover kneaded dough; let rest on floured surface 10 minutes. Proceed with recipe.)
- 4. Prepare Almond Filling: Combine almond paste with 1 egg white. Beat with fork until blended. Stir in chopped, blanched almonds, toasted.
- 5. Punch dough down. On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 9- × 16-inch rectangle. Spread filling to within 1/2-inch of edges; sprinkle with cherries. Roll up from long side as for jelly roll; pinch seam to seal. Form into ring and pinch ends to seal. Place ring, seam side down, on greased baking sheet. With sharp knife, cut slits, 3/4 through dough, at 1-inch intervals. Turn each section on its side. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- 6. Bake at 375ºF for 25 minutes or until done. Remove from baking sheet; cool on wire rack. Frost with Almond Icing.
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Baked Avocado Brunch
Japanese Carrot Ginger Dressing
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage CasseroleSee More