- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- Unsalted butter, for greasing the dish
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 vanilla beans, split and seeds scraped
- 1 pound sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Butter a 10-by-15-inch baking dish and sprinkle it with sugar. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer at low speed, beat the 1/2 cup of sugar with the heavy cream, eggs, almond flour, all-purpose flour and vanilla seeds until the batter is blended.
- Scatter the cherries in the prepared baking dish; pour the batter on top. Bake for about 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the clafoutis cool slightly before serving.
NotesFood and Wine recipe, July 2008
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More