- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- Unsalted butter, for greasing the dish
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 vanilla beans, split and seeds scraped
- 1 pound sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Butter a 10-by-15-inch baking dish and sprinkle it with sugar. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer at low speed, beat the 1/2 cup of sugar with the heavy cream, eggs, almond flour, all-purpose flour and vanilla seeds until the batter is blended.
- Scatter the cherries in the prepared baking dish; pour the batter on top. Bake for about 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the clafoutis cool slightly before serving.
NotesFood and Wine recipe, July 2008
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More