- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 cup self-rising flour (very important)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter (yes another one)
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- Grease an 8 in round pan, lined with waxed paper.
- Grease paper
- Cook dried cherries and apple juice for 5 minutes in saucepan.
- Drain and then toss with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Pour 1/4 cup melted butter into round pan, top with cherries and sliced toasted almonds.
- Combine in separate bowl, flour, the other 1/2 cup of sugar, egg, the other 1/4 cup of melted butter and buttermilk.
- Pour over cherry and almond mixture in round pan.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and invert
NotesFound this recipe in a binder of clipped out magazine recipes I had compiled over the years. Unfortunately I don't remember where it came from.
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More