- Cooking Time: 45 to 50
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pouches (1 lb 1.5 oz each) sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir base ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Press half of dough in bottom of pan.
- Spread pie filling over dough.
- Drop remaining dough by teaspoonfuls over filling.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown*.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir glaze ingredients until smooth.
- If necessary, add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle glaze over warm bars.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature.
- *Cooking time varies widely! Start with 30min and check back every couple of minutes...you may have to place foil around the edges to keep the edges from burning while the middle cooks.
NotesSo easy, and SO delicious -- from a Betty Crocker award winning recipe!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More