- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries, drained and sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Make sure your 10 inch tube pan is clean and dry. Sift flour three times and set aside.
- In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Blend in vanilla and almond extract. Fold the flour into the whites until no streaks remain. Pour half of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with half of the cherries. Fill pan with remaining batter and top with remaining cherries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Invert pan and allow to hang until cake cools.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More