- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries, drained and sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Make sure your 10 inch tube pan is clean and dry. Sift flour three times and set aside.
- In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Blend in vanilla and almond extract. Fold the flour into the whites until no streaks remain. Pour half of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with half of the cherries. Fill pan with remaining batter and top with remaining cherries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Invert pan and allow to hang until cake cools.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy LifeSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More