- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time: 40
- cake ingredients:
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup cherry marmalade or cherry preserves, large pieces snipped if necessary
- 30 maraschino cherries with stems, drained
- Powdered Sugar Icing ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Make icing
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until icing reaches drizzling consistency.
- Make cakes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line thirty 1-3/4-inch muffin cups with miniature paper bake cups; set aside.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, butter, egg, and vanilla. Beat on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Spoon 1 scant teaspoon of batter into each muffin cup. Add 1/2 teaspoon of cherry marmalade and top with 1/2 teaspoon additional batter.
- 3. Bake cupcakes about 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
- 4. Pat cherries dry with clean paper toweling. Frost each cupcake with about 1/2 teaspoon icing. Dip half of each cherry into remaining icing; place on top of baby cakes.
NotesFrom Better Homes and Gardens 100 Days of Holidays newsletter (2011)
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Blueberry Banana Blast
Cincinnati Bengals Bacon & Mac Grilled Cheese
AFRICAN CHICKEN STEWSee More