- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time: 40
- cake ingredients:
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup cherry marmalade or cherry preserves, large pieces snipped if necessary
- 30 maraschino cherries with stems, drained
- Powdered Sugar Icing ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Make icing
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until icing reaches drizzling consistency.
- Make cakes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line thirty 1-3/4-inch muffin cups with miniature paper bake cups; set aside.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, butter, egg, and vanilla. Beat on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Spoon 1 scant teaspoon of batter into each muffin cup. Add 1/2 teaspoon of cherry marmalade and top with 1/2 teaspoon additional batter.
- 3. Bake cupcakes about 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
- 4. Pat cherries dry with clean paper toweling. Frost each cupcake with about 1/2 teaspoon icing. Dip half of each cherry into remaining icing; place on top of baby cakes.
NotesFrom Better Homes and Gardens 100 Days of Holidays newsletter (2011)
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More