- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 3/4 c. white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 c. spelt flour (you can substitute soy, chick pea, millet flour, anything you like!)
- 1/2 Tbls. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 c. grape juice concentrate
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. soy milk
- 3/4 c. blueberries, divided
- 1/2 c. pitted cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin.
- In a food processor, pulse cherries and 1/2 c. of blueberries until almost smooth. Set aside.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Gently fold in remaining 1/4 cup of whole blueberries and 1/4 c. of the puree, just until the fruit is swirled through the batter.
- Divide evenly among twelve muffin cups and bake 15 - 20 minutes or until tops are golden.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes in the pan before inverting.
NotesSome days call for a bit of sweet celebration. It's nice to be able to have a sweet treat that keeps baby on a healthy eating plan, too! We love these no-sugar, whole grain baby cakes. A full serving of whole grain and fruit in each little cake. Plus they are cute! I bake mine in a mini bundt, mostly because I like to say bundt, but you can use a muffin tin!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More