CHERRY BERRY BABY CAKES
Cherry Berry Baby Cakes
- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 3/4 c. white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 c. spelt flour (you can substitute soy, chick pea, millet flour, anything you like!)
- 1/2 Tbls. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 c. grape juice concentrate
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. soy milk
- 3/4 c. blueberries, divided
- 1/2 c. pitted cherries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin.
In a food processor, pulse cherries and 1/2 c. of blueberries until almost smooth. Set aside.
Sift together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Add wet ingredients and blend until well combined.
Gently fold in remaining 1/4 cup of whole blueberries and 1/4 c. of the puree, just until the fruit is swirled through the batter.
Divide evenly among twelve muffin cups and bake 15 - 20 minutes or until tops are golden.
Allow to cool for a few minutes in the pan before inverting.