- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 12-16
- Preparation Time: 20
- 250g Good Quality White Chocolate
- 75g Butter
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 150g Plain Flour
- 150g Fresh Cherries (or other berries),
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC - 350oF.
- Line and grease a 20cm square cake tin.
- Pit and chop the cherries in half.
- Break up 175g of white chocolate and melt either over a bowl of simmering water or in the microwave (lower setting so as not to burn the white chocolate - as it burns very easily).
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and combine well between each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Then add the melted chocolate and stir through.
- Sift the flour over the top and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Chop the remaining chocolate roughly.
- Add the chopped chocolate and cherries and fold through the blondie mixtre.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and spread into the corners and smooth the top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from the oven when cooked and let cool completely in the tin.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Serve with icream as a dessert and or whipped cream.
NotesThis recipe was origninally from one of my children's cookbooks using raspberries. BUT this Christmas we made then with fresh cherries and the result was very nice. You could use any berry either fresh or frozen and I these would be nice!!! I think Strawberries would be divine!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More