- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar(I used dark as that is what I had today)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts(I did not use)
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips(use whatever kind you like)
- small bottle marachino cherries(I used about 1/2 cup cherries, cut in half)
- 1/4 cup liquid from cherries and add rest of the cup in milk
Cream butter and sugar until blended. Add egg and mixture until combined. Sift flour and baking powder and salt. Add liquid and dry ingredients alternately. Stir in cherries, (if you choose to add coconut and chocolate chips add them here as well)
Bake in greased baking pan for 1 hour at 350º. Done when tooth pick comes out clean.
This is the only cherry bread recipe I use. Today, however, I add coconut and milk chocolate chips to it. It was a great addition to the recipe. Everyone that tried it really like it.