- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar(I used dark as that is what I had today)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts(I did not use)
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips(use whatever kind you like)
- small bottle marachino cherries(I used about 1/2 cup cherries, cut in half)
- 1/4 cup liquid from cherries and add rest of the cup in milk
- Cream butter and sugar until blended. Add egg and mixture until combined. Sift flour and baking powder and salt. Add liquid and dry ingredients alternately. Stir in cherries, (if you choose to add coconut and chocolate chips add them here as well)
- Bake in greased baking pan for 1 hour at 350º. Done when tooth pick comes out clean.
NotesThis Cherry Bread recipe comes from the Protestant Ladies Chapel Guild RCAF Station La Macaza, Quebec. My step brother was in the air force and gave me this cookbook one Christmas. It was produced by the wives on the base. It has so many good recipes in it. Over time I will post them for all of you to enjoy as well.
This is the only cherry bread recipe I use. Today, however, I add coconut and milk chocolate chips to it. It was a great addition to the recipe. Everyone that tried it really like it.
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More