- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract OR 2 tablespoons kirsch (cherry brandy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup chopped slivered almonds
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease and flour 9-inch square baking pan.
- Lightly press cherries between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture; set aside. Beat butter, sugar and eggs in medium bowl until creamy. Mix in corn syrup, almond extract and vanilla until well blended. Stir together flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; add to butter mixture, mixing until well blended. Stir in cherries and almonds; pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan, about 25 - 30 min. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Frost, if desired.