- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c walnut pieces
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter Crisco
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 8oz cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 21oz cherry filling
- heat oven to 350.
- grease 13x9 pan with Crisco, set aside. Chop 1/2 cup nuts for topping for crust.
- Combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in Crisco until fine crumbs form and 1/2 cup nuts and coconut.
- Mix this well, remove 1/2 cup and set aside press remaining into the pan.
- Bake for 12-15 min until edges are lightly brown.
- For filling:
- beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla in small bowl until smooth.
- Spread over hot baked crust.
- Bake 15 min longer, spread cherry pie filing over cheese layer.
- Combine reserved nuts and crumbs and sprinkle over cherries.
- Return to oven and bake 15 min longer.
- Cool and refrigerate several hours.
- Cut into bars. Enjoy!
NotesHoliday cherry cheese bars
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More