- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c butter
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 c flour
- 15 ozs canned sour cherries -- drained, and liquid reserved
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3 tbsps flour
- a few drops of red food coloring
- 6 ozs cream cheese -- softened (2/3 cup)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Cream 1/2 c butter with 2 tbsp sugar and 1/8 tsp salt. Add flour; blend well. Press crumb mixture into bottom and sides of a 9"pan (don't cover rim).
- Drain cherries, reserving juice. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tbsp flour in sauce pan. Add cherry juice (3/4 c); mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly untio thick. Remove from heat, add cherries and food color. Turn into pie shell. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make cheesecake topping: combine 2/3 cup softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth. add egg and vanilla and beat until thick.
- Spread cheesecake topping over partially baked pie, leaving a 3 inch circle in the middle. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in the refrigerator.
- NOTES : not a cherry pie and not a cheesecake. Better than either one of those. There is a wonderful shortbread crust on the bottom, a thick and flavorful cherry filling in the middle and a nice cheesecake layer on top. Fantastic.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More