- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 45
BackstoryThis is my first cheesecake and it was delicious!
- CHOCOLATE ALMOND CRUST:
- 3/4 c whole raw almonds, lightly toasted
- 20 thin chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 stick butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- CHERRY TOPPING:
- 3/4 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 TBSP water
- 3 c cherries, pitted (if using frozen, thaw and drain)
- 1/4 c and 2 TBSP sugar
- the juice of 1 lemon (or 1 TBSP)
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 2 (8oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
- a few pieces of china I found at the thrift store with "cherry blossom pattern"
- 1 c sugar
- 3 TBSP flour
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- the 1/2 cup of reserved cherry juice
- In a food processor, pulse almonds until ground.
- Add wafers and pulse to a fine grind.
- Add the butter, sugar, almond extract, and salt and pulse until well combined. Transfer to a 9 inch springform pan.
- Press evenly on the bottom and to about 1 inch up the sides of the pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand for about 1 minute.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring cherries, sugar and lemon juice to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Remove pan from heat and reserve 1/2 c juice.
- Then add the gelatin, and almond extract and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and the sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the flour, and then add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Beat in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Now it’s time to add the reserved cherry juice.
- The recipe calls for adding it all at this time.
- I poured drops of it onto the batter once it was in the pan and swirled with a toothpick.
- Beat until well combined.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake at 350 degrees F for 5o minutes.
- The cheesecake will still look jiggly in the center but will cook a bit more as it cools.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Then chill for one hour.
- Remove the sides of the pan and transfer to a plate.
- Refrigerate for another hour.
- Top with cherries.
- And then chill for another hour or more before serving.
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli Family
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
The Vegan Roadie's 5 Ingredient Challenge Cookbook - Season OneSee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More