- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- ½ c. dry white wine
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 c. dried cherries
- Thyme – fresh, dried (or poultry seasoning)
- Red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- 2 Tb. butter
- Heat olive oil in a heavy pan. Season chicken with salt, pepper and thyme/poultry seasoning. Place in pan and leave – do not touch until brown on that side.
- Then turn to other side. Once browned, remove chicken from the pan.
- Add onions and celery and sauté. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and nutmeg.
- Pour in white wine and heat until wine is nearly cooked out.
- Add cherries and chicken stock and cook for a couple minutes; then add butter to thicken sauce.
- Return chicken to pan and heat through.
NotesThis recipe is thanks to Rachel Ray (thus it is quick to make!)
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More