- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- ½ c. dry white wine
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 c. dried cherries
- Thyme – fresh, dried (or poultry seasoning)
- Red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- 2 Tb. butter
- Heat olive oil in a heavy pan. Season chicken with salt, pepper and thyme/poultry seasoning. Place in pan and leave – do not touch until brown on that side.
- Then turn to other side. Once browned, remove chicken from the pan.
- Add onions and celery and sauté. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and nutmeg.
- Pour in white wine and heat until wine is nearly cooked out.
- Add cherries and chicken stock and cook for a couple minutes; then add butter to thicken sauce.
- Return chicken to pan and heat through.
NotesThis recipe is thanks to Rachel Ray (thus it is quick to make!)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
The Naked MacaronSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More