- Cooking Time: 45 - 60 mins
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 oz garlic croutons
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp summer savory (if you prefer thyme, then use that)
- 1/4 of an onion, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, chopped
- 1/4 of a bell pepper (I used yellow)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 egg (beat an egg and measure out about 1 1/2 TB. Gets a little tricky, but don't stress, you don't have to be exact on this)
- 1/4 cup Cherry Chipotle Not Ketchup, plus more for serving
- 1/2 lb ground chuck
- 1/2 lb regular ground beef
- Preheat the oven to 325' F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the croutons, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder and summer savory. Process until the croutons have becomes fine crumbs. Place in a medium sized bowl.
- Put the onion, carrots, bell pepper and garlic in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped, but not pureed. Add to the bread crumbs.
- Add in the salt, egg and meat. Combine without squeezing everything together.
- Place the mixture on the parchment paper lined baking sheet and form into a loaf, pushing it all together into a solid loaf shape.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Pour the glaze of the top and down the sides. Place the thermometer in the meat loaf and bake until done. The length of time will depend on how thick your meatloaf is, which is why I believe the thermometer is really needed here. You want the reading to be 155'. Once temp has been reached, remove from the oven, cover lightly with foil and let it rest.
- Serve with you're favorite sides (mashed potatoes seem to be top on that list) and a little extra Cherry Chipotle Not Ketchup to drizzle over your slice.
NotesThis is the meatloaf that won me over. I can now say: Yes, I like meatloaf. But only the kind I make